Helping South Australians - COVID 19
- Helping South Australians - COVID 19
Helping South Australians - COVID-19 update
Energy and Water Ombudsman SA acknowledges the significant impact on the community of COVID-19 across South Australia and our deepest sympathies are with all in our global community at this time.
In terms of energy and water supply, community members may have concerns about:
- their current or future capacity to pay their bills, including energy and water
- a need to pause current arrangements to allow them to manage other immediate needs
- entering into a payment plan arrangement
- a need to gain an extension on a bill due date
- access to an Emergency Energy Payment Scheme
- access to a hardship program.
If you have been impacted by the current situation, we strongly encourage contact with your supplier to discuss what options are available to suit your circumstances. If you have been unable to resolve the matter with your energy or water supplier, please advise one of our staff members immediately and we will assist with resolution of your complaint. We are here to help. Customers can contact us via 1800 665 565 or online by clicking here.
Energy and water companies are working diligently under extreme conditions to ensure they can continue to provide these essential services and support customers during this difficult time. We would like to acknowledge the people in the energy and water sector and across the community who are working under significant pressure to deliver these vital services.
For more information about a range of support which is available in the essential services sector, click here.