Helping South Australians who are affected by bushfires
- Helping South Australians who are affected by bushfires
Energy and Water Ombudsman SA acknowledges the significant impact on the community of bushfires across South Australia and our deepest sympathies are with all of those affected.
In terms of energy and water supply, community members may have concerns about:
- their current or future capacity to pay their bills, including energy and water
- a need to pause current arrangements to allow them to manage other immediate needs
- entering into a payment plan arrangement
- a need to gain an extension on a bill due date
- access to an Emergency Energy Payment Scheme
- access to a hardship program.
Energy and water companies have outlined their commitment to support customers during this difficult time. You can access information about a range of support which is available here.
If you have been impacted by bushfires and have been unable to resolve the matter with your energy or water supplier, please advise one of our staff members immediately and we will provide a priority service to assist with resolution of your complaint. Customers can contact us by phone on 1800 665 565 or online by clicking here.